AutoCAD® / AutoCAD® LT Fundamentals Part 1 & 2 Training Course
Learn AutoCAD, one of the world’s leading 2D and 3D CAD programs, to maximize your productivity while designing and shaping the world around you.
- Curriculum Content
AutoCAD Fundamentals Part 1 & 2 note:
AutoCAD Fundamentals is one class, however, five days of training in a row can be hard on anyone. We have divided the class into two parts to allow you to better absorb and retain the information. The savings are significant when purchasing parts 1 and 2 together. If desired, parts 1 and 2 are available for purchase separately.
AutoCAD / AutoCAD LT Fundamentals – Part 1
AutoCAD, one of the world’s leading 2D and 3D CAD programs, provides powerful and flexible tools which allow you to maximize your productivity while designing and shaping the world around you. This course is for users new to AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT a comprehensive overview of the interface and an introduction to basic tools and concepts needed to create, annotate and output a basic 2D drawing.
The AutoCAD Fundamentals Part 1 class will cover the following:
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface.
- Learning to use the basic drawing, editing and viewing tools.
- Organizing drawing objects on layers.
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks).
- Preparing a layout to be plotted.
- Adding annotation, such as text, hatching and dimensions to the drawing.
AutoCAD / AutoCAD LT Fundamentals - Part 2
This class is designed for users who have a solid concept of AutoCAD and understand the basics taught in the AutoCAD Fundamentals Part 1 class. Ready for the more advanced techniques and concepts of AutoCAD, users will learn the more sophisticated editing and construction techniques that will extend mastery of the program.
Minimum 6 months computer and AutoCAD experience or AutoCAD Fundamentals Part 1 class.
The AutoCAD Fundamentals Part 2 class will cover the following:
- Utilize more advanced editing commands and construction techniques.
- Learn how to add parametric constraints to objects.
- Learn to create both local and global blocks.
- Discover the more advanced methods for setting up layers, styles, and creating templates.
- Use advanced plotting and publishing options.
Minimum 6 months computer experience and knowledge of basic design / drafting techniques and terminology.