Autodesk® Civil 3D Fundamentals Training Course
Learn how to organize project data, work with points, create and analyze surfaces, model road corridors and more for transportation design, land development or water projects.
- Course Content
Civil 3D is a Building Information Modeling (BIM) solution for the civil engineering industry. The dynamic design functionality of Civil 3D permits the rapid development of alternatives through model-based design tools. This course is for civil engineers, drafters, designers and technicians needing to work on transportation design, land development or water projects. Learn how to organize project data, work with points, create and analyze surfaces, model road corridors and more.
The Civil 3D Fundamentals class will cover the following:
- Learn the AutoCAD Civil 3D user interface.
- Discover how to create and edit parcels and print parcel reports.
- Learn the best way to manage points and point groups and work with survey figures.
- See how to create, edit, view and analyze surfaces.
- Create and edit alignments.
- Learn the techniques for creating sites, profiles and cross-sections.
- Discover the tools to create assemblies, corridors and intersections.
- Create complex grading solutions.
- Create pipe networks.
- Perform quantity takeoff and volume calculations.
Minimum 6 months AutoCAD experience or AutoCAD Fundamentals Part 1 and 2, as well as knowledge of basic civil engineering design / drafting techniques and terminology.