CAD to GIS Training Course
Expand your knowledge on GIS concepts and principles and how they relate to a CAD-centric world.
Course Length: 3 Days
- Course Content
Historically, CAD systems and GIS systems were kept separate. Autodesk offers toolsets which enable CAD technicians to integrate GIS data into their designs as well as support GIS departments with design-level information. In this class the student will become educated on GIS concepts and principles and how they relate to a CAD-centric world.
The CAD to GIS class will cover the following:
- Using GIS data in CAD drawings
- Basic GIS terminology for the CAD user
- Finding free GIS data online
- Exporting CAD drawings to a GIS format
- Creating your own GIS database
A good working skill level in AutoCAD or AutoCAD Fundamentals Part 1 and Part 2.