Revit® Architecture Fundamentals
Revit Architecture is designed to work the way architects think, from preliminary design, through design development, and into construction documents.
Course Duration: 4 days
- Curriculum Content
With a single 3D model, Revit® streamlines the creation of a BIM model by allowing an update made on one view to propagate across all views and printable sheets. This course is for users new to Revit Architecture – a comprehensive overview of the interface and an introduction to the tools available to help generate a BIM model.
The Revit Architecture Fundamentals class will cover the following:
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in Revit.
- Using the Revit Architecture workspace and interface.
- Adding walls to a massing study and creating a presentation sheet.
- Working with the basic drawing and editing tools in Revit.
- Creating levels and grids as datum elements for the model.
- Creating a 3D building model with walls, floors, windows and doors.
- Creating standard and custom stairs.
- Detailing reflected ceiling plans with ceilings and lighting fixtures.
- Adding component features, such as furniture and equipment.
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags and schedules.
- Creating details.
Minimum 6 months computer experience and knowledge of basic architectural design / drafting techniques and terminology.