Software Asset Management (SAM) is a business practice for managing and optimizing software. SAM best practices help you keep track of your software so you always know which asset is running on which computer. SAM also ensures that you have the right number of licenses so you don’t waste money on unnecessary software—or run the risk of license compliance actions.
CAD-1 Software Asset Management (SAM) program works with you to develop a complete SAM plan for your organization based on proven tools and methods that help keep your team safe, confident and productive with your Autodesk software assets.
- Asset Balancing to ensure you have the right software in the right quantity and deployed in the most efficient and economical way.
- Procedures for safeguarding licensing documentation against theft or misuse.
- Communication with your employees about the benefits of software compliance and the risks of noncompliance.
Reduce Risks – SAM best practices help you manage license compliance throughout your organization.
When you effectively track and document your software licenses, you lower the risk of noncompliance. You also create a better working environment for your employees and partners.
Save Money – SAM can reduce costs by:
- Eliminating or reallocating underused software licenses.
- Limiting overhead associated with managing and supporting software.
- Reducing the potential for unexpected software costs.
- Avoiding payment of damages for noncompliance.
- Staying safe with an effective SAM program that will reduce downloads and purchases of software from unauthorized sites that can infect computers with viruses.
- Getting support by using only licensed software. Most companies do not offer technical support for unregistered software.
- Improving employee productivity with access to user manuals, reference materials, and product support. When you institute SAM best practices, you manage these resources effectively.
- Instilling confidence for business partners. SAM helps you stay compliant, which puts your partners at ease. If you’re contracting or subcontracting on a project, your partner will expect you to follow the law.
- Staying informed about your software products from software vendors, such as Autodesk, when you’re a licensed, registered user.
- Meeting your legal obligations by knowing and complying with the terms of your end-user license agreements.
CAD-1 SAM and HealthCheck Services are an excellent solution for obtaining optimal productivity from your team and technologies. A CAD-1 HealthCheck assists organizations in determining the practices, processes and workflows that will help them become more effective, efficient and confident in the use of their Autodesk tools. CAD-1 HealthChecks have helped organizations measure, refine and improve workflows, leading to significantly greater productivity. Combined with the SAM program, a HealthCheck rounds out the analysis and identifies:
- Ways that technology deployments and hardware can be used for greatest efficiency.
- Training procedures for specific software to help employees get the most from these tools.
- Workflows that are outmoded or otherwise inefficient or that can be improved.
- The organization’s current process and future goals and a correlation with the appropriate Autodesk technology.
- A technology and asset plan centered around your organization’s short, medium and long-term goals, thus ensuring the best possible technologies are in place and employees are up-to-date on those technologies as the plan progresses.
Contact us to discuss a program for your organization.
CONTACT CAD-1 FOR SOFTWARE ASSET MANAGEMENT
Contact your CAD-1 Account Manager to discuss a SAM engagement for your organization. Call (303) 427-2231 and ask for information on setting up a CAD-1 Software Asset Management program.